Do you know what is the internal structure of a box-type transformer? Novices come in quickly to gain knowledge!
Box-type transformer structure：
What is a box-type transformer? Presumably, most electrical practitioners are familiar with it. The box-type transformer is a combination of traditional transformers and other accessories installed in a box-type housing, making it a compact, lightweight, and easy-to-install variable voltage power supply system. The box-type transformer is not just a transformer, it is equivalent to a small substation distribution station, which can directly provide power to users. So the question is, what is the internal structure of the box-type transformer? What electrical components are there? The following editor will give you a detailed introduction. After reading the article, I hope to give you a deeper understanding of box-type transformers!
The component structure of the box transformer (box-type substation):
1. High voltage incoming cabinet
Mainly open and close the circuit relay protection function indicator between the power grid and the user; perform related protection in the event of an accident on the user's power supply line, electrical equipment line, or equipment.
2. High voltage output cabinet
High-voltage power distribution cabinets refer to electrical products with a voltage level of 3.6kV~550kV that are used for on-off, control, or protection in power system power generation, power transmission, power distribution, power conversion, and consumption.
3. High voltage metering cabinet
It is the measurement of electricity consumption. Generally, this metering cabinet is managed by the power department. The bus bar is lowered. Generally, after the cable enters the incoming line isolation cabinet, the bus bar goes to the upper part of the cabinet, to the metering cabinet, then from the upper part to the lower part, and the lower part goes to the lower incoming line of the incoming line (circuit breaker) cabinet, and finally to the upper part.
4. Low-voltage incoming cabinet
Generally, it is the first cabinet coming down from the transformer, also known as the low main cabinet, which is used to control all the electrical equipment below, and its main switch generally uses a frame circuit breaker.
5. Low voltage output cabinet
(1) One of the major uses of the power distribution cabinet is to facilitate the sharding or classification of power supplies;
(2) When the line fails, the power distribution cabinet is beneficial to control the scope of the fault, so that the maintenance staff can quickly find out the fault point and eliminate it in time to ensure people's normal electricity consumption.
(3) In the past, when the electric power department repaired the line, it had to cut off the power in a large area, which brought a lot of inconvenience to people's work and life. After the power distribution cabinet was installed, it was completely changed, and it was convenient to arrange line maintenance in pieces without a large area outage.
(4) Various protective devices such as fuses (fuses) to prevent short circuits and air switches to prevent overload are conveniently placed in the power distribution cabinet.
6. Low voltage metering cabinet
As the name suggests, it is used to install the watt-hour meter and accurately measure how much electricity you use. The cabinet has no major components except PT and CT.
7. Capacitance compensation cabinet
Principle of capacitor compensation cabinet Energy-saving principle: Most electrical equipment works according to the principle of electromagnetic induction, such as distribution transformers, motors, etc., they all rely on the establishment of an alternating magnetic field to convert and transfer energy.
The box-type transformer occupies a small area, but it has powerful functions. In many streets and living areas, everyone can see this kind of box-type transformer, and it is possible to build such a safe and practical transformer without investing too much manpower and material resources. The transformation of many grass-roots projects will involve the construction of box-type transformers. It is widely used in residential areas, commercial centers, light stations, airports, factories and mines, enterprises, hospitals, schools, and other places.
Learn more about electrical knowledge:
China box transformer manufacturers introduce transformer composition
[Box Transformer Technology] 5 minutes Chinese box-type transformer manufacturers take you to understand box-type transformers